The Department of Communication is proud to participate in Baylor’s Great Day of Giving. We are home to 480 majors, 80 minors, 37 graduate students, 21 fulltime faculty members, and two full-time staff people. We offer two Bachelor of Arts degrees in Communication and Communication Specialist. We offer the M.A. in Communication, and a new 4+1-degree program which allows high achieving students to complete both the B.A. and M.A. in five years. We have partnered with the Honors College and offer an Honors Track with our B.A. in Communication for high performing students.
Our mission is to enable our students to translate theory and research into good communicative practice so that they can find their voices as working professionals, academics, and leaders. We are home to the nationally visible Glenn R. Capp Debate Forum. We sponsor Baylor in London, a summer study abroad program, and Lambda Pi Eta, the National Communication Association's official honor society for Communication majors and minors.
Your gifts to the Department of Communication will be used to support our students in a variety of important ways.
- Scholarships for Undergraduate Majors.
- Scholarships for our graduate and 4+1 students.
- Travel grants for students participating in our Baylor in London study-abroad program.
- Travel grants for our students to present their research at national and regional communication conferences.
- Travel grants and stipends for guest speakers to visit with our students.
Make a gift today by clicking the link at the top of this page, then share on your social media using #BaylorGives to encourage your friends to make their gift!