Joe A. Cox Endowed Fund for HR Management
The Joe A. Cox Endowed Fund in the Hankamer School of Business for Human Resource Management Excellence is a permanent endowment used for the benefit of the Department of Management to provide operating support to the Human Resource Management (HRM) program. The funds have been used for such activities as:
- Providing travel and registration costs for students to attend conferences and educational symposia about human resource management,
- Hosting HRM professionals in HRM classes and at the Baylor Association for Human Resource Management meetings,
- Offering networking opportunities with corporate and company recruiters for HRM students,
- Promoting growth of the HRM major through outreach and marketing opportunities, and
- Hosting Homecoming festivities to connect with HRM alumni and create departmental camaraderie.
Dr. Joe A. Cox taught at Baylor for 37 years where he considered teaching his craft and life’s work. He helped shape the professional lives of thousands of students. A native of Stillwater, Oklahoma, Dr. Cox earned his Bachelor of Science, Master of Business Administration and Ph.D. degrees from Oklahoma State University.
A beloved teacher at Baylor, Dr. Cox received numerous accolades from his students, his peers and the University. In 1994, he was the first recipient of the Collins Outstanding Professor Award, given annually to a single professor at Baylor University for outstanding service as a teacher. He also received the Herbert H. Reynolds Award for Exemplary Service, was regularly recognized by Mortar Board as an outstanding professor mentor and was honored (with his son, Cody) with the Global Forum Best Symposium Award by the Academy of Management. He served as chairman of Baylor’s Faculty Senate and for many years chaired the Business School scholarship committee.
For more than 30 years, Dr. Cox served as the faculty sponsor for the Baylor Association for Human Resources, which he founded. He was a member of the Academy of Management and the Heart of Texas Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management and was a longtime active member of Woodway United Methodist Church.
To make a gift, click the MAKE A GIFT BUTTON above. You may also be able to increase your gift through your employer’s gift matching program. Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Dr. Blaine McCormick
Chair, Department of Management